Tak joined NEA in 2018 and is currently a Partner on the healthcare team. He focuses on medical device investments.
Prior to NEA, Tak was a Venture Partner at Merieux Development Venture Fund where he led all phases of investment for healthcare startups, including sourcing, diligence and investment approvals. Tak also co-founded Lexington Medical, a commercial-stage medical device startup in the gastrointestinal surgery space. Prior to Merieux and Lexington, Tak was VP of Business Development for the Global Surgical Division at Bausch & Lomb, and was responsible for all business development efforts in the ophthalmic surgical division. Tak has held various corporate and business development leadership roles at Edwards Lifesciences in the Heart Valve Therapy Division and Advanced Medical Optics (acquired by Johnson & Johnson).
Tak received a BS with Honors in Engineering and Applied Science from the California Institute of Technology, an MD from the University of California, Irvine, and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Tak Cheung is an Investor Judge at Octane's Annual Aesthetics Tech Summit's LaunchPad Company Presentations
- Tak Cheung featured at Glaucoma 360 New Horizons Forum
- Tak Cheung featured at D-Series Event
- Tak Cheung featured at Med Tech Innovation Forum
- Tak Cheung featured at AI Healthcare and Medtech Investment Forum