Mohamad is a General Partner and heads NEA’s Healthcare Services and Healthcare Information Technology investment practice. Mohamad first joined NEA as an intern in 2000 and later as an associate in 2005. He is currently a Director of Aetion, American Pathology Partners, Bright Health, Collective Health, Curisium, Docent Health, Nuvolo, Pager, Paladina Health, Radiology Partners, SCI Solutions, U.S. Renal Care, and Welltok. Mohamad’s past investments include Bravo Health, CHG Healthcare, DaVita NephroLife, DSI Renal, Long Term Care Group, ppoNEXT, and Vantage Oncology.
Previously, Mohamad focused on growth equity investments at Summit Partners prior to which he worked with UBS Investment Bank where he concentrated on leveraged finance and sponsor-led transactions. Mohamad received a bachelor's degree, with distinction, from the University of Pennsylvania and is an active participant in the cancer community having been a founding board member of Livestrong’s Young Leadership Cancer Council.
- Collective Health: Turning Information into Knowledge to Redefine American Healthcare NEA Blog
- Radiology Partners: A New Image of Healthcare NEA Blog
- A new generation of technologies can help transform healthcare NEA Blog
- Managing personal health through social, mobile technologies: it’s not an app, it’s an ecosystem. NEA Blog
- NEA team rallies to fight cancer with… unattractive facial hair NEA Blog
- Mohamad Makhzoumi featured at JPM Healthcare Conference
- Mohamad Makhzoumi featured at HLTH
- Mohamad Makhzoumi featured at Nashville Health Care Council Event
- Mohamad Makhzoumi featured at Health Journalism 2015 Conference
- Mohamad Makhzoumi to speak at the American Health Association Health Tech Forum in Austin, Tx