Tony is a General Partner and head of NEA's technology investing practice, which is typically two thirds of NEA's funds. Tony focuses on investments in the software and internet sectors with emphasis on SaaS and marketplace ecommerce companies. In addition, he is actively involved in NEA’s investing activities in China and Europe. Tony has led investments in Care.com (NYSE: CRCM), Cvent (NYSE: CVT), Appian (NYSE: APPN), Moda Operandi, Quidsi/Diapers.com (acquired by Amazon), Edmodo, EverFi (acquired by TPG), Casper, Snap (NYSE: SNAP), Raise.com, Jet.com (acquired by WalMart), Gilt (acquired by Hudson Bay), Goop, DataRobot, Duolingo, The Wing, Letgo, and Wallapop. Tony has been featured on the Forbes Midas List of Top Investors for 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Prior to joining NEA, he was a Managing Director at Morgan Stanley and was Head of Technology Banking in New York, and was a member of the North American Management Committee for investment banking. Tony spent over a decade at Morgan Stanley focused on the software and Internet sectors, and also worked with a number of NEA's companies in both IPOs and M&A transactions. Tony received an MBA and an A.B. in Economics from Dartmouth College.
- Tony Florence featured at F.ounders
- Tony Florence featured at RH Conference
- Tony Florence featured at Collision and f.ounders
- Tony Florence featured at Tech Crunch Disrupt NY
- Tony Florence to speak at Private Equity Conference at Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- Tony Florence to Speak at Tuck Business School's Annual Private Equity Conference
- March 11, 2020
- January 22, 2015
- August 7, 2014