Scott Sandell is the Managing General Partner of NEA. During his nearly 25 years since joining the firm, Scott has led investments in many industry-transforming technology companies including Data Domain, Salesforce.com, Tableau Software, WebEx and Workday, and is among the most frequently named venture capitalists to the Forbes Midas List. Scott is currently a director of Bloom Energy (NYSE: BE) and a number of private companies including Automation Anywhere, Banjo, Branch, Cloudflare, Coursera, Divvy, Expanse, One Concern, and Robinhood. He also remains actively involved with the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA), where he served as Chairman of the Board from 2014-2015.
Outside of NEA, Scott serves on the Board of Advisors of the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth. A frequent guest lecturer at both Stanford and U.C. Berkeley, Scott also recently co-created and is now co-teaching a course at Stanford on principled entrepreneurship.
Before joining NEA, Scott was a product manager at Microsoft. Prior to that, Scott co-founded and ran the European subsidiary of C-ATS Software. He began his career at the Boston Consulting Group. Scott holds an MBA from Stanford and an AB in Engineering Sciences from Dartmouth College.
- Scott Sandell and Claudia Fan Munce featured at Stanford/NVCA VC Symposium
- Scott Sandell featured at Slush
- Scott Sandell and Scott Frederick featured at NVCA Annual Meeting
- Scott Sandell and Melissa Taunton featured at Fortune Brainstorm Tech
- Scott Sandell featured at Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference
- Scott Sandell featured at GSVI Summit
- Scott Sandell featured at Dartmouth Summer Lecture Series
- Scott Sandell and Dayna Grayson featured at Xconomy Napa Summit
- Scott Sandell featured at Stanford Directors' College
- Scott Sandell featured at Web Summit
- April 15, 2015
- Forbes Midas List 2018 - #16 Forbes
- Forbes Midas List 2017 - #24 Forbes
- Midas List Hall of Fame Forbes
- Forbes Midas List 2016 - #14 Forbes
- Top 20 Venture Capital Investors Worldwide New York Times
- Power Player in the Cloud 2015 AlwaysOn
- Forbes Midas List 2015 - #11 Forbes
- Chairman, National Venture Capital Association NVCA
- Forbes Midas list 2014- #10 Forbes
- Forbes Midas List 2013 - #8 Forbes