Rick joined NEA in 2007 and is the head of the firm’s consumer investing practice. His main focus is on fintech and consumer investments. Growing up as a nerdy gamer, he also has a particular interest in gaming and esports.
Rick partners closely with founders, building a collaborative and trusted relationship at the earliest stages of a company. Some of his current investments include Bestow, Drop, Gen.G, Genies, MasterClass, Omio, Plaid, PlayVS, and Robinhood (NASDAQ:HOOD). Historically, he was involved with Braintree (acquired by PayPal), Gaikai (acquired by Sony), Opendoor (NASDAQ:OPEN), and Pure Energies (acquired by NRG).
Rick also serves on the Board of Stanford Athletic Department’s investment fund and the Stanford Engineering Venture Fund. He is also an All Raise VC Champion and mentor for BLCK VC.
Prior to joining NEA, Rick worked at Credit Suisse, where he advised on and executed a number of strategic financing initiatives for leading public and private tech companies as part of the Technology Group. Rick earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Stanford University, where he was also a varsity swimmer.
- The Hard Work Behind Making Money Easy: Seven Founder Strategies that Drove Success at Plaid. NEA Blog
- PlayVS: Changing the Game for Esports NEA Blog
- Focus on Fintech: The Opportunity to Transform Financial Services NEA Blog
- GoEuro: One destination, optimal transportation NEA Blog
- Captora: Solving the Marketer’s Dilemma NEA Blog
- Consumerizing Health Coverage: How a new Silicon Valley company is hitting its Stride NEA Blog
- Rick Yang featured at Berkeley Fireside Chat with MasterClass
- Rick Yang featured at LendIt Fintech
- Ben Narasin and Rick Yang featured at The Marketplace Conference
- Rick Yang featured at Empire Fintech Conference
- Ben Narasin and Rick Yang featured at Money20/20
- Rick Yang featured at Hypergrowth
- Rick Yang featured at CB Insights Future of Fintech
- Rick Yang and Vanessa Larco featured at SXSW
- Josh Makower and Rick Yang featured at SXSW
- Ravi Viswanathan and Rick Yang Featured at Money20/20
- November 11, 2019
- November 7, 2019
- September 18, 2019
- August 17, 2019
- March 13, 2016
- January 1, 2016
- December 22, 2015
- January 25, 2015
- January 13, 2015
- July 9, 2014