Scott leads NEA’s business development and Federal government initiatives. In these roles, he works closely with the firm’s portfolio companies, providing tactical and strategic advice and connecting them to companies, thought leaders and government officials to help drive growth and optimize outcomes. Scott was previously the COO of Automated Insights where he oversaw the successful sale of the business to Vista Equity Partners. Prior to becoming an operator, Scott was a co-founder and General Partner at Valhalla Partners, as well as a Partner at FBR Technology Venture Partners ("FBRTVP") where he joined as the firm’s second employee. Scott has been involved in the venture capital industry for more than twenty years, and was appointed to the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (NACIE) by Secretary Penny Pritzker from the Department of Commerce in September 2016.
Scott received a Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Duke University, where he was an A.B. Duke Scholar. Scott lives in Washington, D.C. with his wife, two children and their dog Wrigley.
- Scott Frederick featured at PSC Tech Trends
- Scott Frederick featured at Select USA Investment Summit
- Scott Frederick featured at Emerging Technology Event
- Scott Frederick featured at Offset Symposium
- Scott Frederick featured at Venture Capital & Startup Summit
- Scott Frederick featured at Gartner Research Board Meeting
- Scott Frederick featured at World 50 Labs
- Scott Frederick featured at National Journal Leadership Summit
- Scott Frederick and Holly Rose Faith featured at Propelify
- Scott Sandell and Scott Frederick featured at NVCA Annual Meeting