Jonathan Golden is a Partner at NEA, where he focuses on consumer, marketplaces, fintech and application layer software. He leads NEA's investments in Metabase, MoonPay and Patreon.
Before joining NEA, Jonathan was Director of Product at Airbnb, where he helped the company scale 100x over six years. As the company’s first product manager, he was instrumental in building out significant parts of the product in the early days, including creating host insurance, launching the platform internationally, and founding and leading the monetization, payments and Airbnb for Work teams.
Jonathan is an angel investor in Bowery Farming, Coinbase, Everlane, Funding Circle, Hipcamp, OpenSea and Wonderschool.
Prior to Airbnb, Jonathan worked in product at both Dropbox and HubSpot, and was a venture investor at Greylock Partners. Jonathan co-founded StartX, a non-profit dedicated to accelerating top entrepreneurs, while attending the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he received an MBA. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan.
- Courtyard: Creating a World of Connected Collectibles NEA Blog
- Growing Equity in Europe: Our Series B Investment in Ledgy NEA Blog
- Patreon: Putting the Creator First NEA Blog
- Don't let a single metric drive your business Harvard Business Review
- How I Survived Insane Hypergrowth at Airbnb NEA Blog
- When and How to Make Your First Product Hire NEA Blog
- How Hiring Entrepreneurs Enabled Airbnb’s Success (and Launched a New Generation of Founders) NEA Blog
- Changing consumer behavior is the key to unlocking billion-dollar businesses TechCrunch
- Investing in Marketplaces at NEA NEA Blog
- Returning to Venture Capital at NEA Medium
- An Evaluation Framework for Choosing the Right Startup Medium
- Four Questions Every Marketplace Startup Should Be Able to Answer Medium
- Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X Medium
- The Power of the Elastic Product Team — Airbnb’s First PM on How to Build Your Own First Round
- March 12, 2017