Jonathan Golden is a Partner at NEA, where he focuses on consumer, marketplace and bottoms-up SaaS investments.
Before joining NEA, Jonathan was Director of Product at Airbnb, where he helped the company scale 100x over six years. As the company’s first product manager, he was instrumental in building out significant parts of the product in the early days, including creating host insurance, launching the platform internationally, and founding and leading the monetization, payments and Airbnb for Work teams.
Jonathan is an angel investor in Bowery Farming, Coinbase, Everlane, Funding Circle, Hipcamp, Tile and Wonderschool.
Prior to Airbnb, Jonathan worked in product at both Dropbox and HubSpot, and was a venture investor at Greylock Partners. Jonathan co-founded StartX, a non-profit dedicated to accelerating top entrepreneurs, while attending the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he received an MBA. He holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan.
- How I Survived Insane Hypergrowth at Airbnb NEA Blog
- Our investment in BlackBird, the world’s first flights marketplace NEA Blog
- When and How to Make Your First Product Hire Medium
- Changing Consumer Behavior is the Key to Unlocking Billion-Dollar Businesses TechCrunch
- Investing in Marketplaces at NEA Medium
- Returning to Venture Capital at NEA Medium
- Four Questions Every Marketplace Startup Should Be Able to Answer Medium
- Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100x Medium
- The Power of the Elastic Product Team — Airbnb’s First PM on How to Build Your Own First Round Review