Ann is a Partner at NEA, where she focuses on early-stage investments in consumer technology and application SaaS businesses. She is particularly interested in partnering with entrepreneurs who are reimagining GenZ social, marketplaces, digital communication, fintech, commerce, future of work and sustainability by leveraging AI-powered innovation and network effects. Building on her experience as a serial startup operator and growth-stage business executive, Ann brings deep expertise in go-to-market, category creation, partnerships, high-growth leadership and team-building to founders and their companies.
Prior to NEA, Ann was the Chief Operating Officer at Rival (acquired by Ticketmaster) and held leadership roles at Uber and Twitter during their hyper-growth phases. She has 12+ years of operating experience building venture-backed startups, including the launches of mobility, marketplace, and mobile commerce pioneers and leading strategic partnerships and growth initiatives at iconic technology companies. Ann has ushered two startups through M&A exit and has first-hand experience building high-performing startup cultures and teams. Ann started her career in Washington, D.C. working on geopolitics and energy policy. She has a B.S. in Environmental Science and Policy from the University of California, Berkeley and an M.B.A from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- Imagining Gen Z Fintech and Budgeting NEA Blog
- The Marketplace Building Playbook NEA Blog
- Our Investment in Perplexity AI: Answer Engines and the End of Traditional Search NEA Blog
- Imagining Gen Z Social Commerce NEA Blog
- Gen Z: Opportunities for Innovation NEA Blog
- Building for the Next Generation of Young Creators NEA Blog
- Revolutionizing Recycling: Our Investment in Glacier NEA Blog
- It's Never Too Late to Chase Your Dreams NEA Blog
- Empowering Gen Z Independents: Our Investment in Contra NEA Blog
- Starting a new chapter in venture — hello to NEA and fellow builders! NEA Blog