Stephanie joined NEA in 2012 and is the fund’s General Counsel. In this role, she handles deal execution, portfolio management, liquidity transactions and risk management with respect to NEA’s wide-ranging investment activities. She is also actively involved in managing NEA’s fund operations, including fundraising, compliance and regulatory matters. Prior to joining NEA, Stephanie was a corporate partner in the Palo Alto office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP. She regularly represented venture capital funds, private equity sponsors, public and private companies in financings, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, joint ventures and other strategic transactions. She also served as legal advisor to emerging private companies, with a particular emphasis on the renewable energy, telecommunications and information technology sectors.
Earlier in her career, Stephanie was senior corporate counsel to Nortel Networks, where she handled more than $10 billion of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and led more than 50 strategic venture investments both in the U.S. and abroad.
Stephanie earned an A.B. with honors from Princeton University, and an M.Sc. from The London School of Economics and Political Science. She received her J.D. from Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall), where she was Note & Comment editor of the California Law Review. She is a member of the bars of California, New York and the District of Columbia
- Stephanie Brecher featured at the 48th Annual Securities Regulation Virtual Institute
- Stephanie Brecher featured at Cleary Gottlieb Event
- Stephanie Brecher featured at Berkeley Law Venture Capital Speaker Series
- Stephanie Brecher Panelist for ABA Private Equity & Venture Capital Meeting
- Stephanie Brecher Co-Chair and moderator for 2015 VCGC Annual Meeting
- Stephanie Brecher featured at the Womens' Private Equity Summit