Ben Narasin is a Venture Partner at NEA. A prolific entrepreneur and highly regarded early-stage investor with three decades of company-building expertise, Narasin has focused on emerging technologies and new markets throughout his investment career. With a portfolio comprising key early successes in some of today’s fastest growing sectors, such as fintech, digital marketplaces, mobile and connected devices. His overarching focus in seeking new investments is, in his words, “to find founders who make me say wow.”
Narasin is a 25-year entrepreneur and 10-year early-stage investor. His knack for spotting emerging trends led him to make seed investments in companies like Dropcam, Lending Club, TellApart, Kabbage and Zenefits. Before NEA, Narasin most recently served as a General Partner at Canvas Ventures, and was previously with TriplePoint Capital, where he oversaw the firm’s seed funding investment activities.
Like many of NEA’s partners, Narasin’s path to investing is rooted in entrepreneurship. He founded several consumer companies before launching his investing career, including Fashionmall.com, one of the first e-commerce companies, which he founded in 1993 and led to a successful IPO in 1999. Narasin frequently writes and speaks about technology and investing, as well as food and wine, a lifelong passion. He holds a B.A. in Entrepreneurial Studies from Babson College.
- Ben Narasin featured at Slush
- Ben Narasin featured at The Marketplace Conference
- Ben Narasin featured at ACG Silicon Valley Event
- Ben Narasin featured at Empire FinTech Conference
- Ben Narasin featured at VentureBeat Summit
- Ben Narasin & Jai Sajnani featured at Money2020
- Ben Narasin featured at InsureTech Connect
- Ben Narasin featured at Security Tokens Disrupting Venture Capital
- Ben Narasin featured at FinTech Week: Silicon Valley
- Ben Narasin featured at LAUNCH Festival