Sheel joined NEA in 2012 and is a Principal & Co-Head of the Seed Practice. He focuses on consumer technology & education globally. Prior to NEA, Sheel was at Bessemer Venture Partners where he sourced & co-led BVP's 2011 investment in Snapdeal, now India's largest e-commerce marketplace. As an angel investor, Sheel has invested in the seed and/or Series A of Andela (Board of Directors), Casper, IfOnly (Board Observer), Mark43, Pinterest, and Robinhood (Board Observer). He was previously on the business development team of Skybox Imaging, which was acquired by Google in 2014 for $500 million.
Sheel graduated from Stanford University in three years, at the age of 19. He is a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, and was the youngest on the Forbes 30 under 30 list for finance in 2013. In 2016, upon invitation of the White House, Sheel was part of the US delegation with President Obama on his historic visit to Cuba.
- The Forgotten Neighbor Innovations & Inspirations - Personal Blog
- LearnUp: Using Technology to Solve the Skills Gap NEA Blog
- The Blockchain: What It Is and Why It Matters Brookings
- Why Silicon Valley Should Help Washington Forbes
- Unveiling Innovate for America NEA Blog
- Innovations & Inspirations Sheel Tyle's Blog
- March 22, 2016
- March 14, 2016
- March 27, 2015
- September 26, 2014
- May 22, 2013
- November 19, 2012
- November 13, 2012