Ravi joined NEA in 2004 and co-heads the firm’s Technology Venture Growth Equity investment practice. Ravi’s investments in the software and technology sectors include Acquia, Bloomreach, Boku, Captora, Desire2Learn, Mulesoft and Stitcher. Ravi’s investments in other sectors include Availink, Boulder Wind Power, Goji, Imergy Power, PURE Energies, and Suniva. Prior investments include Arcot (acquired by CA), Braintree (acquired by eBay), GlobalLogic (acquired by Apax Partners), IM Logic (acquired by Symantec), Sanera (acquired by McData), Tele Atlas (Euronext: TA, acquired by TomTom), and ViXs (TXS: VXS). Prior to NEA, Ravi worked at Goldman, Sachs & Co. as co-head of the technology practice in their private equity group. Ravi has also worked for McKinsey & Company and Raychem Corporation focusing on R&D in various materials systems. Ravi received an MBA from Wharton and a PhD in Chemical Engineering from UCSB where he focused his search on materials science applications. Ravi also earned a BS in Bioengineering from the University of Pennsylvania. He currently serves on the Wharton Entrepreneurship Advisory Board.
- Acquia: Transforming Digital Business by bringing together Content and Commerce NEA Blog
- Captora: Solving the Marketer’s Dilemma NEA Blog
- How to Value a Revolution Wharton Entrepreneurship Blog
- The $800m Gorilla: eBay to Acquire Mobile Payments Disruptor Braintree NEA Blog
- Recent Lessons for a VC Wharton Entrepreneurship Blog