Dayna joined NEA in 2012 and focuses on investments in both business and consumer services. Dayna is a Director of OnShape Technologies, APX Labs, FiftyThree, Curalate, Pocket, and Framebridge. Dayna founded the NEA Studio in 2013 where entrepreneurs with non-traditional backgrounds, such as design, work in residence with NEA, and she is particularly interested in how design accelerates both consumer and enterprise adoption of new products. She is an early stage investor and she has invested in several companies through NEA’s seed investment program, as well. She actively advises startups pre-funding and has served as an entrepreneur-in-residence at Harvard Business School.
Prior to joining NEA, Dayna was an investor at North Bridge Venture Partners in Boston where she focused on seed and early stage digital media, consumer internet, and SaaS investments. She was involved with companies including Camiant (acquired by Tekelec), Tapjoy, and Viximo (acquired by Tapjoy), where she was interim CEO in 2009.
Before her investment career, Dayna spent many years as a product designer. She got the bug for entrepreneurship in college where she worked with a professor to commercialize an eye gaze tracking technology and form Eye Response Technologies (FKA Erica, Inc). After a couple of years spent consulting at Cap Gemini Ernst and Young, Dayna joined Blackbaud [NASDAQ: BLKB], the leading global provider of software to nonprofit organizations. From 2001-2004, she led the design of several accounting products while the company grew to over $130 million in revenue and completed a successful public offering.
Dayna has a BS from the University of Virginia in Systems Engineering and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Fifty Three: Reimagining the "Blank Slate" NEA Blog
- The Age of Service : Connected Devices are Fueling a New Era of On-Demand Transactions NEA Blog
- Unlocking Human Potential: What we Learned from NEA's new Design Studio Format NEA Blog
- Startups by Desgin NEA Blog
- Joining NEA: Thoughts on New Geographies and Venture Capital NEA Blog
- Dayna Grayson Personal Blog
- NEA at SXSW Interactive 2015
- Dayna Grayson Speaker at Appian’s Women in Leadership Program
- Dayna Grayson Speaker at MAVA’s Crystal Ball Breakfast 2015
- Dayna Grayson Speaker at Xconomy’s Tech Agenda 2015
- Dayna Grayson Speaker at GigaOM Roadmap in San Francisco, CA
- Dayna Grayson Panelist at Women’s Alternative Investment Summit
- Dayna Grayson to serve as Council Member of Fourth Annual Women’s eCommerce Network
- Dayna Grayson featured at the Virginia Higher Education Research Summit
- Dayna Grayson featured at Boston Venture Capital and Angel Investor Roundtable
- Dayna Grayson to Judge “Pitch-off” at TechCrunch’s Washington, DC Meet-up
- December 29, 2014
- August 29, 2014
- July 13, 2014
- June 12, 2014
- August 22, 2013
- July 29, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- April 22, 2013
- March 14, 2013
- August 27
- April 10
- June 19