Carol Gallagher joined NEA in October, 2014. She is primarily focused on biopharma investments. Carol is a proven entrepreneur, operator and more recently investor with more than 25 years of experience in commercial, drug development and business development roles. Prior to joining NEA she was a Venture Partner with Frazier Healthcare and she served as an independent director on multiple Boards including Aragon Pharmaceuticals, which was acquired in 2013 by Johnson and Johnson for $650 million upfront and a total consideration of $1 billion.
From 2008-2011, Dr. Gallagher was the president and CEO of Calistoga Pharmaceuticals that developed the first-in-class cancer therapeutic, CAL-101, now known as ZYDELIG. During her tenure as CEO at Calistoga Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Gallagher raised $80 million in venture financing and led the company to a successful exit with the acquisition by Gilead Sciences in April 2011 for $375 million and a total consideration of $600 million. Gilead has continued to rapidly advance registration trials of ZYDELIG in patients with certain types of leukemia and lymphoma. In 2014, ZYDELIG was approved in the US and Europe for three indications simultaneously.
- Carol Gallagher featured at The Atlantic’s Innovation Pipeline Event
- Carol Gallagher featured at Salk Women & Science Event
- Carol Gallagher featured at BIO
- Carol Gallagher featured at AbbVie Collaboration Summit
- Carol Gallagher featured at Global Life Science Partnering Conference
- Carol Gallagher featured at San Diego Venture Group and Jansen Labs Life Science & Innovation Event