Since our founding 35 years ago, NEA has consistently been a top performer among venture capital firms with demonstrated results across multiple cycles.
NEA’s approach to investing and building a firm has yielded top-tier results. Throughout our history, the firm has delivered top-quartile performance with fund sizes well in excess of industry average. Our strong track record, aligned incentives with limited partners and exceptional governance set NEA apart from other general partners.
- Our investments have resulted in 175 IPOs and more than 290 acquisitions.
- NEA’s average fund gross internal rate of return (IRR) over its 30-year operating history is more than 22%, with more than 18% delivered to limited partners.
- $8.1 billion of realizations from $3.4 billion invested in NEA 6-12.
- 89% of investments prior to 2005 have been realized.
- 87% of the capital is in funds that have outperformed the S&P 500.